A 1-day Mashup for Fixing Indic issues
A one day session, say starting from 10am to 6pm (or running over).
Anyone with sufficient Indic background and requisite skills to work on activities in agenda.
Venue: Red Hat India, Pune office.
Red Hat Software Services (India) Pvt. Ltd. 6th Floor, East Wing, Marisoft-III, Marigold premises Kalyani Nagar Pune - 411 014 Tel : +91 20 4005 7300 Nearby Adlabs Gold in Kalyani Nagar.
Date&Time: 17th Feb 2008, 10am-5pm
Sponsorship: Venue & Food.
- Venue should have conf/lab like setup, accomodating 10-15ppl.
- Internet with wifi.
- Participants bring own laptops (2-3 machines for ones with no laptop).
- Participants can also join from remote, through IRC, voice chat.
BoF at Gnunify
Saturday 9th Feb - 5:30-6:30 PM
- Discuss changes (new code points etc) in Unicode for Indic
- Discuss different rendering behaviour sought out for some new characters or fonts.
- Updating fonts to confirm to new unicode (ofcourse need to keep backward compatibility - with apps that may not use new standard.. so
old version of fonts used)
- Updating keymaps, input etc. to accomodate new characters..
- Fix for once for all the sorting issue which has been long pending
- take this on per language basis with 1-2 person looking into each language and come up with the proper & acceptable sort order &
implement the same in glibc locale (& CLDR data).
- Discuss & plan further on the areas identified in Indic BoF at FOSS.IN IndicBoF_FOSS.IN
Put here the tasks in detail that would be/have been completed at mashup.
- G Karunakar : Keymaps, Inputmethod, Sorting
- Runa B : Keymaps
- Rahul Bhalerao: Rendering, Input, Unicode, Fonts, Sorting
- Sayamindu Dasgupta: Rendering, Unicode, Fonts
- Ankit Patel: Rendering, Input, Fonts
- Ravi Pande: Fonts
- Shankar Prasad: Participant
- Sandeep Shedmake: Unicode, Fonts, Collation
- Pravin Satpute: Fonts, Unicode, Collation, Rendering, IME
- Ani Peter
- Krishna Babu: Participant
- Name, activity